What are the worst & best foods for your dog
The dog is the most common type of pet that most people are rather fond of.
It is said that a dog provides the best company to its owner and thus, utmost care should be taken regarding its foods to maintain the animal at its best health.
So it is best to give only science diet dog food that may be recommended by an experienced vet.
Raw food items for dogs
Though many people prefer to give cooked foods to their dogs, now it is found that raw dog food is the best for the system of the animals.
Hence, it is advised to give meat, bones, sea fish, eggs, some dairy products and green leafy vegetables in the raw form to the pet dogs of the house, which suit their appetite the best and make them more energetic with healthier appearance.
Moreover, it is seen that garlic and onion are not good for the dog’s health and likely to make it anemic.
A few of the healthiest foods for dogs
- Blueberries and cranberries are the best fruits for dogs, due to the rich content of antioxidants that are needed for the best health of the puppies. Apple is also considered as an ideal diet dog food, due to the presence of many essential nutrients.
- Carrots are an ideal raw vegetable for dogs, as it is a rich source of Vitamin A and it also helps in keeping the teeth of the dogs naturally clean. As the carrot has much less calorie content, it can be easily included in the raw diet for dogs. The dogs may also be given green vegetables, like celery, broccoli, and spinach for supplying sufficient fibers and other nutrients.
- The healthy sea fish, like sardines and tuna, should be included in the weekly diet of the dogs, due to the high content of omega 3 fatty acids that is essential for the improvement of the brain power, immunity system and the healthy fur in the puppies. Some vets also recommend the supplement of fish oil to be given to the dogs for their better health.
- Now there are plenty of high protein dog foods available on the market, which may consist of roasted meat, smoked salmon with natural grains. These ready-made foods are available in abundance and can be safely given to the pet dogs for safeguarding their health conditions.
- As meat is the all-time favorite food of dogs, they can be given large amounts of chicken, duck meat, pork and beef in their regular meals. However, the overcooked meat is considered as low protein dog food that provides very little nourishment to the body. Even meat liver is also recommended for good dog foods, as there are a lot of Vitamin A and iron in this food; so at least an ounce of the liver can be included within the daily diet of the dogs.
Worst foods for the pet dogs
Few foods are known to be unhealthy for the dog’s health and thus, some fruits, like grapes, raisins, plums, cherries, avocados, and peaches are known to be harmful to the health of the dogs.
The pets also should be kept away from all alcoholic products and foods that contain caffeine. Too much salty foods and chocolates also should never be shared with the dear pets.